08 Oct Secure VPNs for Work from Home
A Virtual Personal Network (VPN) is a secure and encrypted connection to the open internet to protect your traffic. Due to this Covid-19 pandemic, companies throughout the world made their employees to work from home. Recently Facebook has given an announcement that employees can work from home for a year. In this case, some measures and precautions must be followed to secure themselves and work without any obstacles. One among them is the usage of a secure VPN.
You might have heard about VPN many times that the usage of a VPN is great for improving security and privacy. But you might not have paid attention to it. If you are not using it, you will definitely start after reading this.
Here are some of the reasons for a remote or home worker to use a VPN.
- During this pandemic, VPN plays a key role in remote working practices because there is security risk while working from home or any other place and it becomes a cake walk for the hackers to progress a cyber-attack. So, if you are connected through a VPN, you can work safely as your connection is encrypted and your passwords are not exposed.
- VPN allows you to maintain the level of productivity same as the work, you do at your work place. When your VPN is on, you need not worry about the privacy and security issues. This confidence helps you reaching the deadlines and get better results.
- In you are a freelancer or you are in an emergency situation where you have to work on a public wifi then there are lot of chances for a stranger knowing your data and passwords. Don’t bother whether the network is paid or free, ensure that you use a VPN to work on public wifi’s.
- Internet privacy and security is not only requirement of a VPN. Reliability and Speed are also some of the aspects that matters to use a VPN.
- You can access your work desktop which is at your work place with the help of a secure VPN. You might be wondering about this but can be done by using a remote access software. Ensure that your work desktop is turned on somehow and you will be requiring a private work-arranged VPN.
So these are some reasons which makes you to use a secure VPN. In some cases, your employer will provide a VPN to maintain a secured connection with all their employees. If not, you need not worry. I am going to mention few aspects you need to check while looking a secure VPN. Some of the aspects are:
- Use a new or updated VPN because a traditional VPN might effect your internet speed.
- If you want to make sure that you maintain the security and privacy concerns then avoid a using a free VPN. You get a quality product based on the money you spend. So, Don’t get tempted to use a free VPN.
- This might not come under the one of the aspects but make sure you use the VPN for all the devices you use in work from home.
The best and secure VPN services for Remote workers:
- ExpressVPN : is one of the most popular and widely used VPN which offers a wide range of platforms and protocols for wide range of OS and devices.
- IPVanish: is a highly comfortable product which has good performance but not much as ExpressVPN. It is a solid product with a good user experience.
- Surfshark : is also a good product which provides sophisticated VPN services and has higher performance than other VPN’s like NordVPN and Norton Secure VPN but less than ExpressVPN and IPVanish.
- NordVPN : is also one of the most popular VPNs but recently in October , announced that it’s data had been breached. Some efforts were taken as a remedy to the breach.
- CyberGhost: If you are new to use a VPN, then this VPN provides a sophisticated means to understand how a VPN works.
You can find many more VPNs to work but ensure that you verify the aspects mentioned above. Hope this article helps you to understand the importance of a VPN and guides you in choosing a secure VPN for all the remote workers and freelancers. Stay safe and stay healthy.